Guidance Counsellors provide both intervention and prevention service for personal, social, educational, and career-related issues. Tasks such as time-tabling, university and college applications, graduation, career planning, personal counselling, new student registration, maintenance of student records, liaison with feeder schools, etc. are extended functions of the office.
Counsellors identify at-risk students and ensure that programs are put in place to match these students' needs. Counsellors work in conjunction with our Student Success Teachers, Resource Department, Youth Counsellor, other support staff and the administrative team to ensure a quality high-school experience for each student.
The office is open from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Guidance is the perfect place to begin if you don't know where to start with a question. Come in and make an appointment to meet with a counsellor or call 905-646-9884.
- Mrs. A. Mercier-Beaudoin Program Leader: Student Services (ext. 61522)
- Mrs. E. Schellenberg - Counsellor (ext. 61538)
- Mr. K. Steele - Counsellor (ext. 61526)
Student Success Staff
- Mrs. Toby Marr (ext. 61558)
- Mr. Brian MacIssac (ext. 61625)
- Mrs. Fran Cerminary, Guidance Secretary, ext. 61514
- Mrs. Jodie Miller Youth Counsellor
- Ms. Cassandra DiPompeo, Social Worker
- Mrs Sue Grantis, Public Health Nurse (available on Tuesday) ext. 61520
- Mrs Sheila Maracle, First Nations, Metis, Inuit Advisor (available on request)
Instagram posts: Guideden Instagram posts
Please check here for any Instagram posts that Guidance has posted since Sept.
Grade 9 Parent Information Session presentation: Pathways Presentation of March 5, 2019
Student Services Resources
Premier at Home Use